Global Seeds market – Overview
- The report will cover the overall analysis and insights in relation to the size and growth rate of the “Global Seeds market ” by various segments at a global and regional level for the 2014-2027 period, with 2014-2019 as historical data, 2020 as a base year, 2021 as an estimated year and 2021-2027 as forecast period.
Global Seeds market – Introduction
- The growing demand for seeds from the food, beverage, animal feed and biofuels industry is driving the growth of the market. Demand for seeds has witnessed steady growth in countries such as China and India. With these countries accounting for the largest population, an ever-increasing demand for food grains also drives the seeds market growth. The global demand for food is increasing in tandem with the rising population. Led by developing countries, demand, and therefore, trade of seeds is expected to improve in the future.
- There is strong demand for seeds in the global market, driven primarily by increasing farm acreage of commercial crops (over traditional crops), a rise in the cost of agricultural inputs (mainly seeds), and a decrease in the proportion of cultivable land. Also supporting the market growth is the increase in R&D activity for innovating new, customized products. The global seeds industry has been undergoing significant evolution, especially in GM crops, by responding to the new challenges of climate change and biofuel production, while conserving genetic diversity.
- A brief overview of the commercial potential of products, technologies and applications.
- Discussion of the current state, setbacks, innovations, and the future needs of the market.
- Detailed discussion regarding impact of product on demand
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements in the market
- Company profiles of leading market participants dealing in products category and comprehensively analyze their market rankings and core competencies
- The report focuses on detailed profile of major leading industry players with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification, capacity, production, price, cost, revenue, SWOT Analysis, recent development and contact information.
- Coverage of historical overview, key industrial development, competitive developments (such as contracts & agreements, expansions, new product developments, and mergers & acquisitions in the market) and regulatory framework.
Global Seeds market Report Scope
- The scope of the report covers the clear understanding and overview of the product.
- Analysis of market trends in the region, with market data considering 2020 as the base year, 2021 as the estimate year and forecast for 2027 with projection of CAGR from 2021 to 2027.
- The report covers discussion of economic trends and technology.
- Market estimates represent revenue.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market scope.
|Market size available for years||2014–2027|
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast units||Value (USD) & Volume (Million Units)|
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa
United States, Russia, China, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Switzerland, Australia, India, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, South Africa and 54 Others.
|By Crop Type
Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables and others
Conventional and Genetically Modified.
Herbicide-Tolerance (HT), Insect-Resistance (IR) and Others.
|Companies covered||AgReliant Genetics LLC; BASF SE; Bayer AG; Bejo Zaden B.V; Barenbrug Holding B.V; Canterra Seeds; China National Seed Group Corporation; Corteva Agriscience; DLF; DLF Pickseed USA; Dow AgroSciences LLC; DuPont Pioneer; Enza Zaden; Gansu Dunhuang Seed Co. Ltd.; Groupe Limagrain Holding SA; Hefei Fengle Seed Co. Ltd.; Hunan Xiangyan Seed Industry Co. Ltd.; Krishidhan Seeds Private Ltd.; KWS SAAT SE; Land O`Lakes Inc.; Lantmännen SW Seed AB; Longping Hi-tech; Monsanto Company; Mycogen Seeds; Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd.; Rasi Seeds (P) Ltd.; Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V.; Sakata Seed Corp.; Syngenta AG; Takii & Company Limited; The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company; UPL Limited; Vilmorin & Cie and Others.|
Segments Covered in Global Seeds market
- The global Seeds market is divided into different segments on the basis of material crop type, types, trait and region. The Seeds market segment on the basis of crop type includes Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables and many more. On the basis of type, the Seeds market segment comprises a Conventional and Genetically Modified. The global Seeds market segment by the trait involves Herbicide-Tolerance (HT), Insect-Resistance (IR) and many other sectors.
- The global Seeds market segment on the basis of region includes Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America and other parts of the world. The seeds market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Supportive regulations and an increase in food and feed demand are also driving their adoption, along with subsidy provisions for their acceptance in these markets, especially in the Asia Pacific region.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Seeds market
- Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, there has been a delay in the supply of seeds to farmers and is a major pain point as seed production depends on allied sectors such as labor, transporting, and packaging, which have been impacted due to the lockdown. COVID-19 impact on the agriculture and agri-allied sectors remain latent, especially with the inability of small farmers to move their products from their farms to markets, both semi-urban and urban, and to source agricultural quality inputs in some regions across the globe.
- Immediate actions are required to facilitate farmers’ access to seeds and other agricultural inputs; the disruptions caused by COVID-19 may lead to a decrease in agricultural production and acreages due to the unavailability of required quality and quantity of seeds to plant across the globe.
- The COVID-19 pandemic sincerely affected the certification, production, distribution, and cost of seeds during the initial quarter of 2020. In addition, this pandemic played an essential role in the evolving resilient food system and agricultural sectors in the economically weak countries. There was a scarcity of workforce for transportation, production, and documentation processes, accompanied by reduction for seeds and plants in the market, which created problems in seeds production for international trade.
Recent Developments in Global Seeds market
- In February 2020, Bayer AG inaugurated research and development (R&D) pipeline update for the Crop Science Division. Bayer AG’s innovation focuses on producing more on each acre, reducing the environmental impact of farming, and enabling better-informed decisions through data.
- In May 2019, BASF SE collaborated with Rothamsted Research, an agricultural research center, on sustainable agriculture where the two would be utilizing their combined expertise to address agricultural challenges jointly.
- In September 2018, Sakata Seed America opened a new Woodland ‘innovation center’. The new research facility will enhance the company’s seed production.
Key Market Players in Global Seeds market
- The major players in the Global Seeds market are AgReliant Genetics LLC; BASF SE; Bayer AG; Bejo Zaden B.V; Barenbrug Holding B.V; Canterra Seeds; China National Seed Group Corporation; Corteva Agriscience; DLF; DLF Pickseed USA; Dow AgroSciences LLC; DuPont Pioneer; Enza Zaden; Gansu Dunhuang Seed Co. Ltd.; Groupe Limagrain Holding SA; Hefei Fengle Seed Co. Ltd.; Hunan Xiangyan Seed Industry Co. Ltd.; Krishidhan Seeds Private Ltd.; KWS SAAT SE; Land O`Lakes Inc.; Lantmännen SW Seed AB; Longping Hi-tech; Monsanto Company; Mycogen Seeds; Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd.; Rasi Seeds (P) Ltd.; Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V.; Sakata Seed Corp.; Syngenta AG; Takii & Company Limited; The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company; UPL Limited; Vilmorin & Cie and Others.
- Also, the Seeds market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage all forthcoming growth opportunities.
Objectives of the Global Seeds market Study
- To provide detailed information regarding drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges are influencing the growth in the Global Seeds market.
- To analyze the competitive intelligence of players based on company profiles and their key growth strategies.
- To strategically analyze micro markets with respect to the individual growth trends, their prospects, and their contribution to the total Global Seeds market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, and product launches, along with research & development (R&D) activities undertaken in the Global Seeds market.
- A unique model is created customized for each study also offers suggestions that help enterprises to identify and mitigate risks.
- Global Industry Reports will also support you post-purchase for a period of 6 months to answer any of your queries related to the following market and to provide you any more data if you need, for your analysis.
- Also, you can buy some selected Chapters from the report.